BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS OF TINTAGEL 4 HOLIDAYS
GENERAL Richard and Anna Wiles, are referred to as "the Owners" of any property to rented through the name"Tintagel 4 Holidays". Persons renting the accommodation are referred to as "the Guest". The Owners will grant the Guest a license to occupy the property as holidaymakers for the agreed period. The Guest acknowledges that he/she has no right to any tenancy or statutory protection under the Housing Act 1988 or other statutory security of tenure.
DURATION AND TIMES OF LETTING Weekly lets: maximum of four weeks. Short Breaks: any period of less than a week.So that we have sufficient time to make the place ready for the next vistors both Weekly Lets and Short Breaks (referred to as "the Holiday") are from 3.00 pm on the first day until 10.00 am on the day of departure.
DEPOSIT If a booking is made six weeks or more before the Holiday is due to start, a deposit of £150 is payable. If a booking is made less than six weeks before the holiday is due to start, the full fee must be paid at the time of booking.
NOTEPlease also send a breakage deposit of £150 or £75 for short breaks with the balance of the price .This is to cover damage or breakage or extra cleaning costs,but will otherwise be refunded one week after your departure
FINAL PAYMENT When the confirmation letter by the Owners is sent out to the Guest, the Guest is liable for the balance of the letting fee ("Final Payment") by the Due Date. The Due Date is two months before the start of the Holiday. Non-payment by the Due Date will be treated as a cancellation and the Guest will lose their booking and the deposit will be forfeited. The Owners shall not be responsible for sending reminders of the Due Date.
BOOKING No booking is valid untill the booking has been agreed by confirmation of the Owners following receipt of the deposit and signed Booking Form. The Owners will confirm receipt in writing, stipulating the balance (if any) of the letting fee to be paid and when the final payment (if any) is due ("Due Date").
CANCELLATION A booking may be cancelled only prior to the start of the Holiday. A Guest who wishes to cancel must notify the Owners in writing. If a cancellation is made, the Owners will endeavour to re-let the property. If the property is re-let, the Owners will reimburse the Guest with his payment (or a proportional part if the re-let is for part of the Booking Period). Guests are therefore strongly advised to obtain holiday insurance prior to making a booking.
METHOD OF PAYMENT Payments are to be made by cash Euro/pounds,cheque drawn on a bank in the United Kingdom or electronic bank transfer. Cheques should be made out to Mr and Mrs Wiles Bank transfers should be made to Mr &Mrs Wiles Sort code. 20-74-20 account 0044169402
ELIGIBILITY Bookings will not be accepted from groups of single people under the age of 21
OTHER VISITORSplease note that the property may not be used to accommodate anyone not mentioned on the booking form
THE HOLIDAY The licence is personal to the Guest and the Guest has the right to occupy the property only for a holiday (within the meaning of Schedule 1, Paragraph 9 of the Housing Act 1988).
GUEST'S OBLIGATIONS The Guest agrees:
1) to pay for any losses or damage to the property or its contents, caused by the Guest or a member of their party (reasonable wear and tear excluded)
.2) to leave the accommodation & effects in the same state of repair and condition as at the start of the holiday also to the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found We reserve the right to look to the deposit to over damage or breakages and extra cleaning costs.
3) not to part with possession of the property or share it, except with members of the party shown on the Booking Form;
4) not to sell or transfer the booking to another party without the Owners' written agreement;
5) to permit the Owners reasonable access to the property if required
6) not to use the accommodation or allow its use for any dangerous, offensive, noisy, illegal or immoral activity and not to cause an annoyance or become a nuisance to the Owners or the occupants of adjoining premises;
7) not to do anything or permit anything to be done which would or may result in the insurance of the property becoming void or the premium being increased;
8) to park cars and other vehicles only in the places provided for by the property
NON-AVAILABILITY If for any reason the property becomesis unavailable on the date booked (owing, for example, to fire damage or illness etc) or the property becomes unsuitable for holiday letting, all money paid in advance by the Guest will be refunded.
LIABILITY The Owners will not be liable for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience, whether to person or property, which the Guest or any other person may suffer or incur arising out of, or in any way connected with the letting. In addition, the Owners accept no liability for loss of or damage to the Guest's possessions on the Owners' property or land. Nothing in these conditions excludes or limits the liability of the Owners:
1) for death or personal injury caused by the Owners' negligence;
2) for any matter in respect of which it would be illegal for the Owners to exclude or attempt to exclude their liability.
PETS & SMOKING Please note that we do not allow smoking within the property nor do we allow pets, only with the prior consent of the Owners. If consent is given,dogs are to be kept under control at all times and exercised off the Owners' property. Dogs are not permitted in the bedrooms or on the furniture and the Owners we do not accept responsibility for their safety. Dogs must not be left in the property unsupervised as this can result in damage to the property.
LINEN & TOWELS. Bed linen & bath towels are provided but please bring own beach towels.
BREACH OF CONTRACT If there is a material breach of any of these conditions by the Guest or any of their party, the Owners reserve the right to re-enter the accommodation and end the letting and require the Guest and their party to leave. Ending the Holiday by the Owners does not affect the Owners' other rights and remedies
PLEASE NOTE the right to occupy the property may be forfeited without compensation if more people or pets than specified on the booking Form attempt to take up occupation
.AUTHORITY TO SIGN The main member of the party who completes the Booking Form certifies that:
1) he or she is authorised to agree and acept the Booking Conditions on behalf of all persons included on the Booking Form, including those that may be substituted or added at a later date;
2) the signatory is over eighteen years of age and a member of the party intending to occupy the property;
3) he or she agrees to take responsibility for the party occupying the accommodation.
VALIDITY CLAUSE In the event that a court finds that a provision in these Terms & Conditions is illegal or void, the illegal or void provision will be severed from the remainder of the terms & Conditions, which will continue to be valid and have full force and effect